Get Started With Skype For Business
Skype for Business Overview
- Office 365 includes Skype for Business, an efficient way to quickly connect with co-workers and business partners with Instant Messaging, audio and video conversations and meeting features, all integrated into one package.
- If you are already a regular user of the commercial version of Skype, then the Skype for Business interface and functions will look very familiar. Similarly, if you are coming to Skype for Business from Lync, you will recognize the familiar features in a fresh new interface with simplified controls and great new additions.
- Thanks to the integration with the Skype directory, Skype for Business users can connect over the Internet with hundreds of millions of Skype users.
- The IM feature is a fast an easy way to communicate with your contacts in real time. And you can also start IM conversations with several people, and keep track of them!
- You can make face-to face video calls with your contacts , or add video to an existing Messaging conversation.
- Communicating has never been so easy!
- On the top link bar, click the Account icon.
- Click My Account.
- In the left navigation pane, click My Installs.
- Locate the Skype For Business area.
- From the Language drop-down, select the language to use.
- From the Version drop-down, select the version to install.
- From the Edition drop-down, select the edition to install.
- Click Install Skype.
- Click Run.
Set Up your Device
- At the top of the Skype For Business window, click the Show Menu drop-down.
- Select Tools.
- From the Tools drop-down, click Options.
- In the left navigation pane, click Audio Device.
- Under Audio Device, select the Select The Device You Want To Use For Audio Calls drop-down.
- Select the appropriate device.
- Under Customize Your Device, drag the slider next to Speaker, Microphone, or Ringer to adjust the respective volumes.
- To allow a secondary ringer, select the Also Ring checkbox.
- From the Also Ring drop-down, select the appropriate option.
- To unmute the phone when it rings, select the Unmute When My Phone Rings checkbox.
- To use the best audio quality during a meeting, select the Allow Stereo Audio Playback When Available checkbox.
- Click OK.
Sign In And Out Of Skype For Business
Sign in to Skype for Business
- Locate and open Skype for Business.
- In the Sign-In Address field, enter the appropriate email address.
- Click Sign In.
- In the Password field, enter the appropriate password.
- To save the password information, select the Save My Password checkbox.
- Click Sign In.
Sign out of Skype for Business
- In the Skype window, click the Show Menu icon.
- From the Show Menu drop-down, select File.
- Click Sign Out.
- Skype continues to run in the background, making it easier to sign in again.
Change the Sign In Address
- In the Skype window, select the Show Menu drop-down.
- Click File.
- Click Change Sign-In Address.
- Locate the My Account area.
- In the Sign-In Address field, enter the new Sign-In Address.
- Click OK.
Make sure your system passes all the requirements before trying to download Skype to your PC. For a detailed list on what your device needs to support this platform, vist Skype’s website here.
Do you need hands on help? Call us today at (877) 637-7573 to get your membership started and start one-on-one help with our expert technicians. Don’t forget to check out our reviews here and visit our website for more helpful tips like this one!