Have you ever contemplated deleting your Facebook account, but didn’t want to lose all your data with it? Once your Facebook is gone, so is your photos, friend list, status updates, groups, and more.
We wanted to provide you with instructions on how to exfiltrate all your photos, comments, post, and other personal content. You can complete these steps even if you don’t wish to delete your account. The goal is to download your Facebook data to your personal computer so you’ll always have it.
For those of you who have spent years uploading photos, creating content, networking with contacts, and don’t want to lose it, you’ll want to check this out.
Download ALL Your Facebook Data
- Log into Facebook (on your Mac or PC)
- Go to ‘Settings‘ in the top right drop down menu
- Select ‘Your Facebook Information‘ on the left side
- Click ‘Download Your Information‘
- You’ll be given 23 different categories of things to download
- Pick and choose what you want by checking the box to the right
You’ll be able to pick from categories like Messages, Groups, Friends List, Photos, Videos, etc. Obviously the more you pick, the longer it will take Facebook to have all that information ready to be downloaded.
Once it is downloaded to your device it will be in a compressed .zip file. We recommend loading this to an external hard rive to save space on your Mac or PC. If you wish, you can put photos and/or videos on another online platform, i.e., a Google Photos account.
Delete Your Facebook Account
- Select ‘Settings‘
- Click ‘Your Facebook Information’
- Click ‘Delete Your Account and Information’,
- Hit ‘Delete My Account‘
- You’ll be asked to enter your password, click ‘Continue’ and then select ‘Delete Account‘
If you have commitment issues, don’t stress. Facebook gives you a few weeks before your account is permanently deleted. Anytime in between, you will be able to ‘Go To Facebook‘ and cancel the deletion of your account.