Believe it or not, but the most asked questions we receive is, “how to turn a computer back on”.
There can be a lot of different reasons as to why this problem is happening on your device. But, we want to give you a few tips to help you solve this issue.
Although these steps might seem basic, it’s sometimes the little things that that slip past us.
Make Sure The Following Is True:
- The wall socket is receiving electricity
- Was there recently a loss of power or a fuse/breaker issue which would require resetting it?
- The power strip or the computer itself is plugged into that working wall socket and the power strip is turned on
- The other end of the computer’s power cord is firmly attached to the computer itself
- There may also be a switch on the back of the device, make sure that is in the on position.
- The computer is turned on
- The monitor is turned on
Still Not Working?
If all these things are true and your computer is still not turning on, you may have a power supply issue or a problem with the computer’s motherboard. In either case, you’ll most likely need help from a computer technician.
It Worked! But Immediately Shut Back Off
When the computer does turn on, but then suddenly turns off, this may mean there is a heat issue inside of the device. This can be cause by dust accumulation around the processor, RAM, and/or various fans throughout the system.
Depending on how comfortable you are with dissecting your computer, you’ll want to make sure it unplugged before trying this next step. Open up the computer and carefully use compressed air to clear the dust away from these components.
For a laptop, the cooling fan vents located on the rear/bottom of the computer can accumulate dust as well. Use compressed air to clear those out.
We can help! Call us at 877-629-6972 and check out our A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau!